Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New Blog Series: Home Buyer/Seller Q & A: Because Moving is a BIG Deal!

You Need a Realtor®, Right?

Spring is just around the corner and for many people, along with the daffodils and pollen come either the itch or orders to move.  In a military town, such as Warner Robins, GA, (RAFB), now is one time of the year when lots of folks are getting orders to relocate. So now is one time of the year when the real estate market really starts to pick up.

One thing I have found with my military clients is that they are experts at relocating! I am always impressed with how organized and ever-prepared they are to move at a moment’s notice.  But what about those that may be moving for the first time?  Or are moving out of the area?  Where do you start?  There are so many different scenarios:  You may have a house to sell and need to buy another one.   Or you may be leasing and have decided it is time to buy your first home.  You may be upsizing.  You may be downsizing.  You may be moving across town or across the country.  It may be a global move that has you moving to ANOTHER country, which is very common for our military folks.  At first glance, it can seem overwhelming because let’s face it:  Moving is a BIG deal!

So I thought I my next blog series should be, “Home Buyer/Seller Q & A: Because Moving is a BIG Deal!” I will be blogging answers to some of the most common questions I get from my buyers AND sellers.  It doesn’t matter your reason for moving or how many times you have moved---There are always lots of questions.  Since many times my clients are buying and selling simultaneously, each blog post will address a buyer question as well as a seller question.

Here is your scenario:  You have just found out you are moving to another area, and must sell your house.  You also plan to buy a house when you get to your new location.  The most important thing you can do to start?  Find the right Realtor® to work with, of course!  But how do you find that person?

If you don’t already have an established relationship with a Realtor®, get a referral and/or recommendation by talking to friends, neighbors, colleagues…getting names and contact info.  Set up interviews to meet with several Realtors®.  There are a lot of great Realtors® out there, but you want to make sure the one you hire is a good fit for you.  You won’t have the same rapport with every agent, so you will probably want to talk to several, until you make the right “connection”.  (And by the way, it is very important to know that not every real estate agent is a Realtor®, which we will discuss in a future blog.) With something as important as selling what is probably your biggest asset, you want to make sure you are comfortable and confident with your Realtor®.

If you are moving to an unfamiliar area where you know no one, (and you have a house to sell) once you find a Realtor® to work with in selling your house, ask if they can refer you to someone that would be a good fit for you in your new location.  Realtors® attend classes, meetings, conventions, annual conferences, etc., and network with agents from everywhere.  We have local, state and national meetings that we attend together, so we may know someone we can refer you to in another area.  If you are relocating for a job, ask your new employer for recommendations.  Talking to people about your move can also bring up recommendations for Realtors®.  When I moved to the Warner Robins area, I did not know a single person, and was nervous and uncertain what to expect in our new town.  When we announced to our Sunday school class that we were moving, one of our classmates said her college roommate lived in Warner Robins and that she would put me in touch with her.  I had planned to transfer my real estate license to Georgia, so finding a new broker to work with was one of the first steps, much like finding a Realtor® to work with! When I called her, she recommended I talk to her friend, who was a Realtor® at Golden Key Realty.   The irony is, that after I talked with her friend at Golden Key (Tracey Chastain), I met with the broker, Gwen Giles, and we connected so well that I hung my license there as soon as I arrived in Warner Robins a few weeks later, and have been with Golden Key ever since!

So as a buyer or seller, the first step is:  Find a great Realtor® to work with!  And if you are anticipating a move, either buying and/or selling, give me a call!  I would love to meet with you to get the process started! (478) 973-2684

In the next blog post, “Finding the “RIGHT” Realtor®!” I will post several questions you might ask during the Realtor® interview to determine who to hire.



Follow me on:

My website: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/365ThingsToDoIn...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaniePughofGold...
My Blog: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.blogspot....
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/janiepugh



#Realtor®, #buyingahouse, #sellingahouse, #WarnerRobinsRealEstate, #RobinsAirForceBase, #RAFB, #relocation, #movingtoanewarea, #findingaRealtor®, #whattolookforinaRealtor®, #GoldenKeyRealty, #listingyourhouseforsale, #homebuyerquestionsandanswers, #homebuyerq&a, #homesellerquestionsandanswers, #homesellerq&a, #findingtherightRealtor®, #janiepughsellshomes

No comments:

Post a Comment