Sunday, July 6, 2014

Our Life in the Lowcountry

Moving to a new town, city, state, country----Always comes with a period of exploration of unfamiliar surroundings.  Moving to Charleston, which is made up of three counties, is not just a lot of beautiful landscape to enjoy, but a lot of things to do, places to shop, communities to live, places to get away to on vacation, beaches to enjoy, places to wine and dine, and more!

As part of my move to Charleston, I started a new Facebook page to share with friends and family, as a way to keep updated and informed of our new coastal life.  Since I am moving my real estate career to Carolina One-Central in Charleston, I am finding this is an excellent way for me to get a more in-depth understanding of a lot of the places that I may be asked about.  While the knowledge will be a beneficial resource to my clients and customers, I am enjoying the added benefit of learning so much interesting history behind many of these places.....It isn't just an alley, bridge, restaurant, historical home or garden......There may have been wars fought, loved ones buried, films made, books written, or ancestors that, when traced back, were somehow involved in some way of the structures and landmarks we are seeing as we are walking, strolling or driving over, under or by!

So join me on this fun journey to check out this town full of tales, treasures and truths!

My Facebook page is:  https://www.facebook.com/CharlestonSCLifeintheLowcountry


No comments:

Post a Comment