Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Camaraderie and a Winning Team


This past weekend, I, along with hundreds of thousands of others across the country, attended the first football game of the season.  As I sat and watched our team’s players interact with each other, both on the field as well as on the sidelines, something really jumped out at me:  Camaraderie.  The way they interacted with each other was different:  This year, I noticed they encouraged each other, expressed enthusiasm, promptly responding to others when they were down……It really created a winning environment, and win they did!  During the game, I leaned over and mentioned my observation to my husband.  Being the less knowledgeable about football, I thought I was merely stating my motherly opinion at how well the “kids” were getting along.

 
Or so I thought:  The next day, the press wrote that the coach observed the same:  Camaraderie.  From a post on www.saturdaydownsouth.com, “(Coach) Jones preaches to his roster about camaraderie and brotherhood and it is evident the team is working cohesively….Thus far, a great coaching display by Jones and his staff that will likely start a trend moving forward.”  (This is a team that has spent many years re-building from some really bad coaching hires.) 
As I read these comments yesterday, I thought about how important camaraderie and team-work are in the business world.  I have ALWAYS considered my real estate business a team:  

-The Coach (Me, Your Realtor®) 

-Players (Buyers, Sellers, Lenders, Home Inspectors, Professional Stagers, Insurance Agents, Pest Control  Inspectors, Movers, Professional Organizers, Marketing Professionals, Attorneys, Title Professionals, Caterers, etc.)  

-Managers (Administrative Staff)

-Trainers (Continuing Education and Training Instructors)

-Fans (Your CLIENTS….And, they should be RAVING Fans by the time you close, sending referrals for future business your way!)

-Cheerleaders (Your Broker, Colleagues, Mentors, Friends and Family)

-Stadium (My Real Estate Office)

-Marketing (Facebook, Blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, C180 Marketing Solution, snail mail, email, print ads, yard signs, fliers…the works!!!!) 

-Technology (IT, iPad, iPhone, PC, printer, audio-visual, etc!)

-And of course we can’t forget----Concessions/FOOD! (Open Houses, Agent Opens, meetings and Special Events---if you feed them they will come!!) 

What I have found over the last ten years in this business is that the most successful and pleasant transactions are those that take a team approach, including planning, communication, execution, cooperation, effort, determination, endurance, integrity, input and feedback from everyone that is involved. Getting to the closing table (end zone), takes effort from everyone.

Ready to get in the game?  Give me a call!  I work with a winning team, and would love to work with you!   


Lovin' Life in the Lowcountry,
Janie




No comments:

Post a Comment